But, they come with one annoying little disadvantage. You cannot change the name of the drive, no matter how many times you try. It's always PortableApps.com, and not your name, like I have in the photo above...!
Many geeks must have already found this, but for the rest of you, here are the steps:
- Plug in your device to a computer (duh!).
- Now, explore the root folder of your device, which is go to Computer and browse the flash drive.
- You'll find a bunch of things there. Open the Autorun.inf file, which should open in Notepad, or Gedit if you're using most versions of Linux.
- In there, find the line 'Label=PortableApps.com' and change the PortableApps.com part to any name you like.
- Now, save and close the file.
- Unplug the device, and connect it back again.
Now, the name you typed in should be visible. See, so easy! Enjoy!
Talking about apps, why don't you check out my list of software a geek must have installed on their computer.