This series is written in a way that you'll want to read everything in order, so I'm interlinking all the posts in the series. But you can always visit the series again and see them in any order. You may bookmark these articles too, to keep as reference.
You'll want to subscribe to this blog so that you don't miss out future articles in this series. And it's worth subscribing too. Check out the link and you'll know.
Let's get started:
Probably everyone knows this, but I have to cover these as formality:
- Cut: Ctrl+X
- Copy: Ctrl+C
- Paste: Ctrl+V
- Undo: Ctrl+Z
- Redo: Ctrl+Y
- Bold: Ctrl+B
- Underline: Ctrl+U
- Italics: Ctrl+I
- Start Menu: Windows Key (which will be written as WinK from now on)
- Show Desktop: WinK+D
- Minimize everything: WinK+M
- Restore all minimized windows: Shift+WinK+M
- Windows Explorer: WinK+E
- Control Panel: WinK+C
- Switch between open Windows: Alt+Tab
- Flip 3D (Switch between windows in 3D, only in Aero): WinK+Tab
- Close window: Alt+F4, and sometimes even Ctrl+W
- Delete selected file/folder: Delete key (which will be written as Del from now on)
- Permanently delete selected file/folder (bypass Recycle Bin): Shift+Del
- Run box: WinK+R
- Lock computer: WinK+L (works in most cases, but see this for details)
Do subscribe to this blog so as to not miss my next post in this series.
Also, see the article about the timesaving keyboard shortcuts for web browsers, which was written earlier and not as a part of this series.
What about you? Which of these did you not know already? Let me knoe in the comments. Oh, and the comment system is really fun and easy to use too. You can log in using your social networking accounts, or your OpenID. You can post as a guest too.