|Photo from How-To Geek|
This little hack requires modifying the Windows Registry. But it is completely safe and reversible if done correctly. But it is always good to save a backup of the registry, or at least have a System Restore point created before you do anything such. Always backup your important files too.
- Go to the Registry Editor by clicking Start and typing in regedit. Here, in the left pane, navigate to:
- If you see that there is no WindowsUpdate in there, you can right-click Windows and create a new Key, then name it appropriately. Then you need to create an AU too.
- When you're there, in the right pane, right-click anywhere and create a new 32-bit DWORD.
- Name it NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers.
- Double-click it to Modify and give it a value of 1, as shown below:
After a reboot, this should work. Windows would give you that frustrating countdown until it reboots. Ever again, unless if you go back and delete the keys.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Before you go, do surf around for a while. There's a tip for everyone! And do subscribe.