- When you're on the site, click 'Account' in the top-right corner and then click Privacy Settings.
- Here, go to the settings for Basic Directory Information at the top.
- In here, you can click 'Preview my Profile' on the bar at the top.
- Now you will see your public profile. This is how your profile looks to people who find you using Facebook search and those who come to it from public search engines like Google and Bing.
- Now, if you want to view your profile as some particular friend of yours, you can type their name in the little text box at the top.
- Now, depending on your settings, you may be able to see how what information about you is visible to that friend. You can not only see your info, but also browse around, maybe to your Wall, to see what they can see about you.
I hope you found this useful.
If you think you want to hide yourself from the people searching for you on Facebook or from other search engines, see this post. And here's how to cancel a friend request without the other person knowing at all. Also, here's another one I recommend: Cleaning up your Facebook account.