Well, then, you ask How in the world do I change the format!? Simply put, from the Control Panel. Yes. I'm not sure about Windows 7, but this is really bad design from Microsoft's side.
So, to change the format,
- You go to Control Panel.
- Click 'Clock, Language and Region'.
- Here, click 'Regional and Language Options'.
- In the dialog, click 'Customize this format...'
- In this new dialog box, switch to the 'Time' tab.
- Everything is explained in detail here. The photo above shows the settings for a 12-hour format.
Check out my other posts in ths archive. You might learn how to remotely sign out of Facebook, use the site-pinning feature of Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Vista, or find out the difference between Chromium and Google Chromium.