|Sorry for low quality photo|
- Slightly whitish in color
- Infrared touch on E-ink like the new NOOK
- 'Tap zones' on the screen
- Something called 'X-Ray' mode to show the "bones of the book"
- No buttons on the device
- $99 price point (There are more, actually, look at image alongside)
- 3G version also (like previous versions), for $149
- Audible integration
There is a new advert for the $79 Kindle now.
|Kindle Fire runs Amazon's Silk browser; Credit: CNET|
There are no buttons on the front. 169 ppi, Gorilla Glass is there. No idea what version of Android this runs.
Amazon's Silk browser on the Kindle Fire runs on some sweet technology. Most of the work is done on Amazon's servers. Parts of pages are cached on the device, learning from your habits.
Amazon is not discontinuing the previous generation of Kindles yet. They are calling it 'Kindle Keyboard' now.